Mumbai University provides 2 Year Post Graduate Degree courses like MA, MCom,
Diploma in Financial Management (DFM) and Diploma in Operations Research for Management (DORM).
Qualification for MA is just Graduation in any faculty. MCom accepts only Bcom Graduates. For other 2 courses
Candidate must be Graduate in any faculty with 2 year’s work experience in any organization or must have recognised professional qualification with at least five year’s professional experience.
Defence Persons who are not degree holders are also admitted to the course. More Information on Mumbai University Site
The Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) :
Masters in Management Studies (MMS) :
The full time MMS course is of 2 years duration consisting of four academic semesters and is open to candidates who have taken a Bachelors’ degree in any faculty of Mumbai University or of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.
Admissions are limited to a carefully selected group of about 120 participants.
For more information please visit :
JBIMS Course Page
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) :
It offers following 1 Year Part-Time Courses :
Admission Eligibility for D.B.M, D.F.M, D.S.M.M, D.H.R.M and D.I.T.M
- Diploma in Business Management (D. B. M.)
- Diploma in International Trade Management (D. I. T. M.)
- Diploma in Financial Management (D. F. M.)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management (D. H. R. M.)
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing Management (D. S. M. M.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education Management (P.G.D.Ed.M)
Admission Eligibility for P.G.D.Ed.M
For more information please visit : NMIMS Website
- A Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Engineering Diploma from a Government recognised Institute.
- Students awaiting results may also apply.
K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) :
SIMSR also offers Part time courses like MMM,MFM,MHRDM and other degree courses.
For more information please visit : SIMSR Website
Post Graduate Programme In Management Studies (PGPMS) :
Eligibility criteria for this course is Graduate from any discipline.
Selection criteria is SET (Somaiya Entrance Test) + GD (Group Discussion) + PI (Personal Interview) + Academic + Written Comm. + Work Exp. (Merit Wise)
Master in Management Studies (MMS)
Eligibility Criteria : The Candidates should be from Maharashtra Domicelled Gujarati Minority Community , Whose both parents must be Gujaratis. They should satisfy themselves with all the parameters and criteria prescribed by the Director of Technical Education , Maharashtra State for Applying for MMS Course. They Should appear for the Somaiya Entrance Test (SET) , Followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Master in Computer Software and Application (MCSA) :
You are eligible for this course if you are Graduate from any discipline with Second Class and the selection criteria is same as PGPMS.
Post Graduate Programme in International Business (PGPIB) :
Eligibilty & Selection criteia is same as MCSA.
The National Centre for Software Technology (NCST) :
NCST offers 4 Post Graduate Diploma courses.
There are 4 levels in CST (The Competence in Software Technology) Examination E, I, D and G.
Each level is for 1 year part time/full time. Following is the eligibility criteria for E Level examination.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Software Technology (PGDST)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Internet Technology (PGDIT)
- Full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Advanced Software Technology (FPGDST)
- Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Software Technology (APGDST)
The E Level Examination has two papers of one hour duration each. The papers are: General Aptitude (GA), Computer Concepts (CC)
- A Bachelor's degree in any subject. or
A diploma in Engineering involving at least three years of study after the 10th standard or two years after the 12th standard. These diplomas should be recognised by a state government or the central government as engineering diplomas. or
Other qualifications recognised by a state government or the central government as equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. In such cases the candidate concerned should provide proof of Government recognition.
For information please visit : NCST Website
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) :
It is a 3 year Full time course and you have to appear in CST examination for admission.
The course is conducted by :
Eligibility for Admission :
- Graduate in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks at first degree examination (50% for SC & OBC candidates).
- Must have offered mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or higher level.
- Must have a combined score of 50 percentile or above in General Aptitude and Computer Concepts papers in the E-level or I-level examination conducted by NCST Mumbai.
The qualifying examination in Item 3 above is held every year in the month of January/February. The score reports of these tests are valid for 29 months from the date of the examination. Only those candidates who have a combined valid score of 50 percentile and above at the time of admission will be considered for admission. Students are admitted to the MCA programme once a year. Candidates who have appeared for degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. In case such candidates are selected and their results are not available at the time of admission, these candidates will be given provisional admission and confirmed on submission of valid requirements.